2014年10月4日 星期六

The other 5.

This is part 2 of the images that I find interesting post.
So let's start, Shall we?





Lo non ho mani che mi accarezzino il viso, 1962-63

Same as other images that I included in the last post. This picture was randomly found at Tate's shop by Mario Giacomelli. I like that there is no capture of the background so the focus is all on the bold black and white dressed people. And I especially love that there have different motion in one photo, the contrast of steady and speed make it look that much more special.





Tim Walker shot

Can I say I have a very hard time to pick JUST ONE of Tim Walker's work to talk about? So maybe I will just talk through the things I love about his works. Full of story, whimsicalily and great use of bold object and colour to make those images incredibly gorgeous, dreamy and unforgettable. Moreover, I just hope that there is a movie behind each of the photos because I want to know more about the scene.





Just a Trap, 2009-12

Work by Thomas Czarnecki, a piece from the series of "From Enchantment to Down". A lot of artists nowadays have their take on classic fairytale characters. It is always interesting to see how people add their own twist on something already been done countless time before but still manage to make them look new. The pair of the dark horrific surrounding and the vibrant costume successfully create a strikingly disturbing image. The white rabbit is a clever touch to bring out the story.





Princess Bean, 2014

What can I say......it is a portrait of Mr. Bean as princess. It is freaking hilarious!!! Rodney Pike seamlessly incorporate Mr. Bean's face to the historical painting and because it looks unexpectedly realistic, it's so hard to take your(my) eyes off that hideous collaboration. All in all, he looks great in that dress. 





Blauw-girl, 2014

Since a lot of the images that I picked seem to be photography or painting. Let's  finish this post with a mixed media work by Michael Mapes. It is basically a collection of dissected photographs, locks of hair, handwriting samples and jewelry that resembled an eerie portrait. I love the creepiness of the found objects, the layout is so organise and delicate. It is also beautifully executed.





Hope you enjoy my found and thank you for reading my post.

Yan x
















沒有留言:

張貼留言