2015年1月29日 星期四

Room Making (Drawing Workshop)


The aim of that day's drawing workshop was to make a 'room' with a group of people.
For some reason I ended up with a group of two (included me), which limited the scale of the room and the materials that we could include within that few hours. So we decided to create something simple in a narrow space. 

Maybe because of the Halloween mood it was going on that time. I suggested making a space that is uncomfortable and disturbing to stay in. Since we only worked with marker and paper, the drawing will be the main feature of our work. So I started by placing a chair that really close to the wall and drew a huge face that looking downward from the side of the room.  

My group-mate Siqi also drew tons of eyes along a long strip of paper to cover the top of the 'room'. I kept adding more shading on the face and detail that could show when the person/audience is sitting close to the wall.

Although it was a simple piece of work, I do think I achieved the effect that I pictured at the first point. However, I would say some good lighting might add some extra dynamic if I have to improve it.  






Thank you for reading.
Yan



                                               


沒有留言:

張貼留言