So I changed my design for a few time. In other to make the character looks less 'human-like', I simplify the creature's figure by not adding any arms and legs. The main focus will be on top of the creature's head with a huge eye at the center.
The structure was basing on an umbrella that wrapped with a piece of duvet cover.
It could be 'wear' easily but the downside is I can't really see in the costume.
I also attached a basket and a food cover on top of the umbrella because I want to use more found objects instead of craft everything from scratch. Conceded that I only have two days to make the costume.
To finish the costume, I got these colorful plastic strips at the pound shop and started sticking them on a piece of tape one-by-one. This was a serious time-consuming method and to be honest I kind of regret that I spend a huge amount of time on this process. I did finish it at the last minute but it was a rush and I didn't have enough time to add more detail and it was not as polish as I want it to be.
However, all in all the costume looks quite similar with my original design.
The sketch. It is obvious that I didn't have enough time to make a pair of wings...
The final costume.
Thanks for reading.